Saturday, June 18, 2011

Peaches and Raspberries

I am a fan of pink (can you tell from this blog?) but I know that some people gag a little to see an all pink wedding. That's why I think it's best to do pink in moderation (really any color for that matter). You don't want your wedding to look like a 6 year old girl's birthday party. And I get that the wedding tends to be all about the bride but most grooms would like to be included too. That's why accent colors are so great. Pink has so many different shades. I love light pinks with creams or gold even. Peachy pinks look fantastic with raspberry. Hot pink and green tend to also be wedding favorites (although I'm not a huge fan of it). Yellow and pink isn't done very much but gives an overall happy feeling. A purple based pink with purple will obviously look good as well. My favorite thing to do to find a good color scheme is to go shopping! Find a dress or a shirt with a pattern that includes the colors you like together. This will give you the shades of pink or yellow that look best together. Make sure you actually like the dress or shirt enough that you'd consider buying it. Sometimes even fashion gets the coloring wrong.







No comments:

Post a Comment