Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The act of unity

So pinterest has stuck again! Most weddings these days have what I would call an act of unity. It's usually pouring sand into the same bottle or lighting candles. Which are ok but getting to be a little overdone. My new favorite is making a memory box. The couple writes letters to each other and puts something special (in this case a bottle of wine) inside a box. They nail it shut at the wedding and promise not to open it until their 25th anniversary. I love this! It emphasizes that marriage is a lifetime commitment. Plus I can just imagine the 25th anniversary opening that up and rekindling all the feelings from your wedding and how in love you were and still are. Plus it gives the wine some good time to age. The idea of hammering on my wedding day is a little strange for me but maybe I could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment