Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vera Wang Bridesmaid

You could know nothing about weddings and still some how know how important Vera Wang is to their fashion. David's Bridal is no revealing a new line of Vera Wang dresses, including some bridesmaid dresses. They are saying that these dresses are so much more affordable but they're really about the same price as a standard David's Bridal dress. They probably mean that for something with Vera Wang's name on it, they're affordable (about $170).
However, I have an issue with the dresses. I look at them and say "fabulous" but it's more in the Christian Siriano "fierce" kind of way. They push the envelope and are very fashion forward. But that's all wrong for a wedding. The fashion forward dresses are the ones that tend to be mocked in 10 years. The bridesmaid dresses should be simple and classic. I also know that most of my friends would not be comfortable rocking those dresses. I would wear it for a fabulous night out in LA but not really for a family event like a wedding in Spokane.

This one is ok. I think that fringe may be too much but in this color it kind of fades out.

Fierce! I would definitely wear it. But not really for a wedding.

This is definitely my favorite one. I think it's simple and understated. The waste line would be very flattering. Some might worry about the neckline being too low cut but I think that combined with the length of the dress would make a bridesmaid look longer and leaner.

Another dress that I find fabulous but I just know that big bow would be like the 80's puffy sleeves. It just doesn't translate long term.

I could see Nicole Kidman wearing this on a red carpet but once again the structure is just too different. Not to mention it's way too tight at the hips for most figures.



Vera Wang is fabulous but I worry that young fashionistas will put their bridesmaids in uncomfortable and eventually dated looks. Be careful to be fashionable but still timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment